CIES Honorary Fellows Award
The Honorary Fellows Award was established by the Comparative and International Education Society to honor senior members of the society who have distinguished themselves by the following:
1) their scholarship in the field;
2) their teaching/mentoring, and policy, administrative or technical activities in the field of comparative and international education; and
3) their significant contributions to the development of the CIES and the field by their active participation in its affairs and service to the Society.
Honorary Fellows should have a long and distinguished career spanning more than 30 years.
The CIES Awards Committee invites nominations for the Honorary Fellows Award to be considered in 2012, named in 2013, and awarded at the annual CIS meeting in 2014.Nomination of candidates must be supported by the following items:
1) A letter of nomination by the chief nominator outlining the case for the nomination, with input if desired by the other nominators, and signed by the chief nominator.
2) A minimum of five supporting letters from five current members of the CIES outlining the candidate's strengths in each of the relevant areas. Additional letters from non-CIES members may be added at the discretion of the nominator.
3) A copy of the candidate's full academic curriculum vitae for the entire career.
These documents may be submitted by email in the first instance, but a hard copy of the entire package with original signed letters must be submitted as soon as possible thereafter (see address below). Advance notice may be given to the sub-committee of an impending nomination, and nominators are welcome to email to the Sub-committee Chair (below) for clarification of the process.
Nominations of candidates for the Honorary Fellows Award should be submitted to the Honorary Fellows Sub-committee
Chair: Norma Tarrow,
Address: 835 N. Humboldt Street, #302, San Mateo, CA 94401
Deadline for submission of nominations: November 1. 2012